How to Change System Icons in Windows XP: My Computer, Folders , Recycle Bin
To change System Icons in Windows
XP use the steps listed below with the illustrated example
to the right.
Here is a sample question
e-mail I received from someone using Windows
"How do I change My Computer,
Folders, and Recycle Bin Icons? I'm
using Windows XP"
Steps for Changing
a System Icon:
your desktop and choose "Properties". Then follow
the steps below.
1. Click on the "desktop" tab at the top of the Display Properties window.
2. Then click the "Customize Desktop" button.
3. A Desktop Items window will open. Choose the "General" tab.
4. From the dsplay of system icons, click on the icon you want to change making
sure it's highlighted.
5. Click on the "Change Icons" button. This will allow you to browse
for the icon you want to use as a replacement for your System Icon. (remember
to click "OK" and "Apply Changes" once you have chosen a