Creating an Icon (.ico
Windows desktop icon) from a GIF
file is really, really simple. Keep
in mind Microangelo will handle most PNG, PSD, BMP, JPG images
not exceeding 64 x 64 pixels in size.
Here is a sample question
I received from someone using Windows:
"I want to make my AIM buddy
icon into a Windows icon. Where do I start ?
It's a GIF image I want to convert to an icon."
Steps for making
an Icon from a GIF
1. Convert your GIF to JPG <-- New Free tool
2. Open Microangelo (Download
3. Choose "File" from the top menu and select "Open"
4. From the new Window choose file type
"JPG" format from the drop-down list
5. Search for the JPG file and click on it.
6. Now you can edit the file if you want.
7. To save the JPG to an Icon Resource choose "Save
choose "Icon Resource" as the file type from
the drop-down menu. (The illustration below may have changed. Recently with Toolset 6, GIF has to be converted to JPG before you have the ability to edit and save. I use Photoshop to do this initial conversion)